Monday, September 22, 2008

Danny



Dannys Music: http://www.myspace.com/danssounds1

Hi there everyone I am Danny Moore. I have a physical disability called Muscular Dystrophy that confines me to a wheelchair. I was born in England, Halifax in 1984. When I was four years old my family and I moved to Australia for better way of life. I had a twin brother named Thomas who sadly past away in 2007, a little brother named Joshua and a pet cat called Susie I receive the disability pension. I attend Community Participation Program run by Northcott four days a week where I do independent living skills, community access, and literacy & money skills. In February of this year I launched dansrealms.com a website which displays many of my artworks. These works diverse from the surrealist drawing “The Spark Plug Journey” to a more dark tone in “That Devil Time”. The abstract makes its debut to with “Frozen Tight Squares in Flight”. It also has an update news section telling you what’s coming up on the site as well as what new art is in the works. In addition I have added a weblinks page contain several sites I enjoy look at. Back in 2004-05 CPP took me and my twin brother to an entertainment course organised by Oz Music College every Wednesday. Where we would learn how to write songs, make & record music, create a video clip inside a film studio. All for an exhibit called Free Wheeling Media. On the day of the exhibit there was a film of the recording process of two songs Rose Red compose under the group name Rose Red & Tolerance (written about a person who realises he has to stop drinking at the same time as he recognise the social ills around him) compose under the group name Against Fear. Also featured on the film are video clips of the two songs along with a picture slide show of the recording day plus the filming day; props from the video clips where put on display including artwork by me & Thomas. Then followed a wheelchair obstacle course to show people the difficulties disabled people face on a daily basis. The obstacle course has narrow walkways to make it hard for anybody to get around. People without any disability find this a challenge to navigate through the obstacle course. The day came to close with performances from Rose Red and Against Fear. Eventually we where given the DVD & CD a year later due to the fact that Oz Music College closed down.

No comments: